Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Where to earn Stellar Lumens?

Discussion in 'Stellar Lumens' started by overcast, Aug 23, 2017.

Share This Page

1. overcast

overcast New Member

I recently came across a video where I learned about the cause behind the stellar. And it was interesting to see how the stellar lumens is getting popular every single day. I want to find out if there is any specific way to earn lumens. I mean like doing some activity like chat or faucet etc.

What are some of the ways to earn Stellar Lumens?

2. oportosanto

oportosanto Moderator
    Staff Member

I'll have to be honest, this is the first time I am hearing about Stellar Lumens... Now you left me curious to know what is the cause behind the currency! On the other hand, there's no surprise that it is becoming more popular, as this is a general trend with cryptocurrencies in general.

3. overcast

overcast New Member

Stellar just wants to be an currency exchanger. If you read their official page they are not calling themselves as bitcoin clone type currency. So unlike bitcoin, here the people who own stellar are going to be easy to trace. And stellar is going to partner with banks and other shops online. And this way anyone can order from anywhere in the world. And they can save money on currency exchange and also they can avoid all those legal issues of cross border payment. So stellar is just positive type of bitcoin.

You can read about it on stellar.org

4. oportosanto

oportosanto Moderator
    Staff Member

Mmm, yeah, I was just checking out the page, but I have to admit that it's a hard concept to grasp. So basically it's all about exchanging hard currency right, it's unrelated to crypto or am I missing the point here?

5. JoeMilford

JoeMilford New Member

overcast,
    This is also my first time ever hearing about this service. If all that you say above is true, this is a very interesting service, and I appreciate the head's up. I wonder if it would be worth investing in this company now. Being able to use this type of currency anywhere in the world is good for all business.

6. RyanWeb

RyanWeb Administrator
    Staff Member

Honestly, the easiest way, and only way I currently know of, is to get some Bitcoin and exchange it to Steller. Once you obtain some Bitcoin, you can use the exchange https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#usdt_str to turn your BTC to STR and then send it back to your Steller wallet https://www.stellar.org/about/directory#wallets

7. overcast

overcast New Member

I see. In that case this is very long way for the acquisition of the stellar lumens. I mean everybody these days using other crypto to convert to BTC. But it seems like here we have to do exactly the opposite. And that can be bad for the earning. I mean I don't want to trade BTC for such low cost crypto. But yeah if that's the way it is going to be then have no option I guess.