Whаt is thе bеst RоI hаrdwаrе tо minе Bitсоin?

Discussion in 'Mining Hardware and Software' started by Goodman, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Goodman

Goodman Member

Whаt is thе bеst RоI hаrdwаrе tо minе Bitсоin?

2. joshposh

joshposh Member

This is a good question. It has already been discussed about the S9 antminer and how much it can make in a day. I would like to know, as I am now interested in buy a rig for private mining. Just save up and run a few at the house and bank off of that alone. The best part is, no taxes for doing it. If I only kept that 10 grand I had a few years ago, I would be making $100 usd a day with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2017
  3. fcuco

fcuco Active Member

Once again, it is not about the hardware, it is about the cost of your electricity, you will never make your money back with East Coast electricity prices and right now even with the latests and most efficient ASIC miner your chances of making some money with West Coast prices (say, 0.10 $ K h) are rapidly decreasing.

This is becoming an industrial level operation where they buy electricity in bulk thus paying a much lower rate that you would pay from your home on those big mining operations, unless you can find a way to get free electricity this is not a matter of which hardware to pick.

4. remnant

remnant Active Member

The latest mining hardware is likely to be expensive initially but comes with more efficient use of electricity. IBM is looking to develop 3 dimensional chips for this purpose which will be very economical and would derive from the realm of nanotechnology. I suppose the best Bitcoin mining operation in the future would be on industrial scale in order to recoup the overheads if one overlooks this. If one can look to the long term and establish a small electricity generating plant from renewable energy either as an individual or as a cooperative, so much better.

5. oportosanto

oportosanto Moderator

Staff Member
    Mining hardware is very expensive and I don't think it's accessible to individuals. I think it's a business for companies with good budgets, but to be honest I don't know where the return will be.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Active Member

I did not know that it was really that expensive. I have not really looked all that much into it, but it seems like something I should probably avoid in the mean time.