Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Value of Decred

Discussion in 'Decred' started by kingcool52, Aug 20, 2017.

Share This Page

1. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

It's highest value was $48.18 which seems very good although the value of Decred has fallen quite a bit recently which has made it a lot more affordable investment if you are considering it. Its value as of today is $25.65 which doesn't seem too expensive. The value of Decred has been fluctuating recently with it increasing recently after it's large drop from the highest value at $48.18. Do you think that now is a good time to invest in Decred?

2. Justice

Justice Member

That's a really good question but I honestly think that it's a bit risky. I looked at its value graph for the last 90 days and that thing is all over the place - up and down, like a rollercoaster. Right now, it is definitely on it's low but the lowest it has ever been was around $19.3

Every investment has risks though but it's up to you to assess them and decide whether they're worth taking. For me personally, Decred isn't.

3. oportosanto

oportosanto Moderator
    Staff Member

Investing in cryptocurrencies is always a risk, and the best way to know if we are giving the right step or not is to analyze the currency value daily and to read a lot about it. Pretty much like investing in stock, we need to know if the company is worth to invest in or not.

4. des7ructo

des7ructo New Member

Well, you gotta look at the statistics for previous months and continue tracking, if it's in the lower and lower parts of cost, then maybe it might be worth it, however as people above me stated, looking at how risky it is, because it constantly fluctuates, then it's not really worth it.

5. alexanderzx360

alexanderzx360 New Member

The most important thing to do a follow-up of is why and how much is the value increasing because it can be just a temporal thing and even decrease its value in the upcoming days. Decred is too much of a new cryptocurrency for me but I wouldn't stop anyone from investing there!

6. zheh

zheh Member

It's the first time i heard about it. But i think after reading all your comments it's way harder to trust my money in it. We're already having a hard time on convincing other people about bitcoin, well i can already see how harder it would be about that decred.

7. JoeMilford

JoeMilford New Member

I have never heard about Decred until this post. What are the benefits of this? I am still trying to figure out to do with bitcoin, so I think I will avoid this for now, unless there really is a definite benefit or value which exceeds bitcoin.

8. Justice

Justice Member

Yeah, I am not too familiar with Decred either but I did hear about it before. It's far less known and popular than BitCoin or Ethereum though. And obviously, its value is lower.

If you're interested, check their website out. It has really nice and easy to understand information that will explain you the basic idea behind Decred: https://www.decred.org/

9. Authord

Authord Member

Decred the sleeping and snoring giant, but very soon the giant will be awaken. so i think that it's time to invest in the Decred. Decred is a hidden gem that few people know about and ever fewer understand. Founded by the btcsuite developers who are well respected in the bitcoin space, Decred seeks to solve many of the issues the bitcoin blockchain is currently facing, such as consensus and governance.
    But be careful because Decred has a very small market cap. It was randomly added to Poloniex in early 2016 and never saw a traditional entrance pump/dump.

10. zheh

zheh Member

Is it up here in the philippines? I think bitcoin is the only crypto currency here in the philippines.