The Benefits of Investing Early

Discussion in 'Investing and Lending' started by gracer, Aug 14, 2016.

1. gracer

gracer Member

After I have learned about this man who invested $26 for 5000 Bitcoins in another thread, I couldn't help but think to myself, "what if I also did what that guy did during the early stages of Bitcoin?"

I had to make another thread for this because I would just like to know how early you guys have invested on Bitcoin and what the price was when you started.

The guy's story is another proof to the importance of investing early on if you really have the determination and courage to do so even at a seemingly doubtful stage of an investment. I guess the $26 didn't hurt the guy's pocket that time and he just wanted to try investing in Bitcoin to see how his money would grow. I bet he never expected the digital currency to significantly grow in value the way it has grown now.

2. fcuco

fcuco Active Member

The problem is that almost no investment vehicle will give you this insane yield, the only thing that I believe is remotely similar is people that invested in big technological startups like Apple or Microsoft, but even back them you could not simple go to them and invest such a minuscule amount. What we have here is something quite sui generis: something with a tremendous return with almost no risk since the initial investment was so low that it amounts to nothing. Usually this high returns deals are very risky (because they are high return) but you have to invest big to gain big.

3 people like this.
  3. gracer

gracer Member

@fcuco That's true. One of my mentors when it comes to investment has been repeatedly telling me that high yield investments do gain big but they also involve big amount of risks so if one is not ready to face the significant swings in high yield investments, he/she should consider investing in low or moderate risk investments. I also believe that this can be applied with Bitcoin and Etherium investments. Right now, Bitcoin has the higher yield but it can also drop significantly in an instant while Etherium has playing safer with its lower price and minimal ups and downs. So it would be up to someone who wants to invest on which currency to choose or better yet invest in both for diversity.

4. remnant

remnant Active Member

This is usually the situation with innovators and early adopters reaping the benefits of a headstart that characterizes the early stages of a new technology. There are parallels to Microsoft during the late 1990s when people dilly dallied in buying its shares. Those who bought early enough reaped astronomical profits. This was the case with the early stages of bitcoin.

3 people like this.
  5. rz3300

rz3300 Active Member

Well it seems like there are a lot of these lucky people out there, and it does go to show you how a smart investment, and a small one, can really go a long way. Just the other day there was a story about a guy who won a small investment in JetBlue, and the other day they were bought by Southwest for an outrageous amount of money, making the guy a multi-millionaire. Could have would have should have comes to mind, but what can you do about. I guess we should just keep our eyes and ears open for the next one.

3 people like this.
  6. freetrade

freetrade Active Member

Yeh, losing 26$ is nothing in a scenario where Bitcoins was not that successful in being the major descentralized currency of modern world. Now, with 5000 BTC today He is literally a millionaire. The benefits of putting trust over an idea at its earliest stage.

7. kgord

kgord Active Member

Yes, I guess sometimes when it comes to investing it is good to take a calculated risk, I mean 26 dollars isn't much, and just think how much he reaped in Bitcoin. I think it is really mind boggling, as to what can be done with that amount of money. I am sure he got his investment back many times over...and if I only knew!!! It would be a good thing.

3 people like this.
  8. gracer

gracer Member

@kgord You're right, he did reap a very hefty sum from the small amount he had invested and his story is just one of the few which could also inspire us to take the risk of investing in Bitcoin as long as we don't put all our eggs into it. I too couldn't help but think about a lot of what ifs for myself upon learning about this guy's story. :)

9. Casiox

Casiox Moderator

Staff Member
    Well, that's what they call "taking risks", obviously that guy was really scared when he bought those 5000 Bitcoins for that amount of money, he probably thought he was wasting his money and that he was not ever going to recover it, but everything went uphill and now he has a lot of money in his BTC account, that's why I always say that risks are the key to anything, take as many risks as you can, you only live once.

2 people like this.
  10. gracer

gracer Member

True indeed @Casiox. I think no successful investor or entrepreneur would ever say that they have never taken risks on their way to success. Every step in trying to achieve success involves taking risks and I believe that those who dare to take this step will eventually see their triumph in time. :)

11. Vinaya

Vinaya Moderator

Staff Member
    I began BTC investment about a year ago.I started with $500 worth BTC and currently, I have $2000 worth BTC.I seemed to have make $1500 BTC just in one year. Interesting, I don't have BTC in my BTC wallet, my BTC are spread across various BTC investment programs.

12. rz3300

rz3300 Active Member

Just like anything if you get in there early you can really take advantage of the spikes that you are likely to see early, versus the steady growth. Both are good of course, but big increases are always better.

13. kingcool52

kingcool52 New Member

There are so many benefits to investing early. The biggest benefit is that you can manage to buy the product/stock at such an early point that it is being sold at a low price. Because of that, you can usually buy quite a lot which means you can make a large profit when the value of that product/stock skyrockets! The biggest problem is that when do you know whether a certain product or stock in a certain company is worth investing it. And that is why most people don't invest in companies early and then miss out on a great opportunity.