How is everyone coping with the hot weather?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by kgord, Aug 15, 2016.

1. kgord

kgord Active Member

It was close to 100 degrees today, and of course my AC in the car is only minimally effective. It really needs a freon recharge. Anyway, take comfort in the fact, that it will all be over soon. Cool weather is coming!

2. SherKev

SherKev Moderator

Staff Member
    I can't complain about the hot weather because I am the one that is always complaining about the cold weather. Any suggestions on where to move where there is an in-between? lol... Good working AC and lots of water is the key. Stay safe and keep cool KGord!

3 people like this.
  3. kgord

kgord Active Member

Yeah, the AC is a GOdsend! Anyway, cooler weather by later in the week, and I am heading up North for a few days so it will be great to get away. I would love to wear a shirtshirt...! However, I checked their forecast, isn't going to be much different from here, but it should be less humidity, and breezy which will be nice. Thanks Sherkev!

4. iNeedABit

iNeedABit Moderator

Staff Member
    Ugh, it's always around 35C in the day here, whole year round. It's hotter nowadays though. Usually a cold drink does it for me, I guess I'm used to the heat. So, a possible solution would be to spend years living in an even hotter place, and when you return to where you are, you'll find it cold. :p Just kidding, but stay cool, you all!

5. rz3300

rz3300 Active Member

Oh man it is pretty terrible here. Actually, now that I glance outside it is really not too bad today, but this is certainly a rarity as of late. It seems like everyday has been worse than the one before, and it will rain at night and then be hot and muggy all day. When the sun is out, it is almost unbearable being outside for too long, so needless to say I have been huddling indoors and chugging water next to my fan. Fall is coming soon, though, which is good news.

6. Vinaya

Vinaya Moderator

Staff Member
    I live in a farm in Nepal. It is terrible hot, sometimes day time temperature reaches 43-44 degree Celsius. Our farm house is made from mud brick and wood which is a natural insulator and protects from heat. There are also too many trees around our house and trees blocks sun rays and provides air. We don't have AC, will use fans too cool ourselves.

7. remnant

remnant Active Member

Here in the tropics, things can get confusing as it can be cold in the morning and sweltering hot in the afternoon. I have learnt to cope with any weather since the body is a ceaseless complainer so you have to develop the mental toughness to let be. One of the best techniques to cope is layering- you can add or remove some clothes when the weather changes without compromising your presentability.

8. Vatroslav

Vatroslav Member

It was horrible at first and so frustrating...here in Serbia summers are hot but the temperature sticks around 32-33 degrees. Recent years it started to get hotter and hotter. Where we once had 2 or 3 heat waves, now we have 4 or 6! So, I basically started to think "If you can't beat them, join them". Now I can be sweaty and cranky all day but still feel ok. :)

9. lovely

lovely New Member

We are enjoying here in my green country. It has been raining cats and dogs. Maybe you could send some heat down here.

It will be a relief.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2017
  10. ballyhara

ballyhara New Member

This is so me! I'm always complaining about cold weather too. Where do you live right now? If you leave in U.S. you can move a little bit to the South, but I wouldn't recommend states like Florida or California, you will have very hot summers there. My friends live in Georgia and they are doing nice there. Summers are mild and winters are less cold than the average. The only issue may be humidity, but let's say you will get used to.

11. Vatroslav

Vatroslav Member

Finally, the rain came down...such a relief. I feel that humans, animals and even the plants had a collective sigh of relief. :D

12. kingcool52

kingcool52 New Member

The weather was amazingly hot for us the past few weeks over here in the United Kingdom. But that seems to have disappeared, unfortunately. The forecasts for the next few days seems to be pretty miserable as well, with a lot of rain showers and clouds. I don't mind really, I'm a fan of warm weather and I'm also a fan of cold weather. A lot of the people I know are luckily on holiday right now in countries like Spain and Greece so they are lucky enough to be enjoying some great warm weather over there. Fingers crossed, we get some hot weather in the coming weeks over here in London otherwise the summer holidays will be ruined. Not exactly the best weather to be going out and enjoying ourselves

13. Vatroslav

Vatroslav Member

These heatwaves left me in a bit depressing mood. What if this weather will be something that we will fondly remember 10 to 15 years from now on?

Who knows what else global warming has in store for us...:(

14. wiseagent

wiseagent Member

Considering that I live in a tropical country where temperatures can reach high levels, the heat is never really a big problem for me (because naturally I adapt easily the temperature changes)... At most, it only manages to be a brief annoyance that doesn't last for long.

But overall, I prefer it when temperatures are lower because I love the cold weather. :)

15. Justice

Justice New Member

I absolutely hate this heat. In my country, it has gotten up to 98F the last few days and it's getting to the point that it's hard to even breathe... we don't have an air conditioning installed here so we only rely on fans. We currently have like 5 fans running, haha. I think that if it doesn't stop soon we'll have to buy the air conditioning though, this is too crazy :)

Oh and the worst thing is when it does rain, it rains for five minutes and then the humidity raises into the sky!

16. Vatroslav

Vatroslav Member

Scorching sun during the day and then the pavement releases all of the accumulated heat during the night...really feels like a tropical country, just without a sea or an ocean nearby. :oops:

17. wiseagent

wiseagent Member

This scenario doesn't seem interesting... Not at all! :confused: Living a place with a tropical climate without having sea or ocean near by should be very complicated.

How do you usually deal with high temperatures? Is not there at least a river or a lake? :oops:

18. Vatroslav

Vatroslav Member

Air conditioner put on maximum, light clothing and plenty of water. Good thing is that we have two rivers here in Belgrade, so taking a walk at night next to them is a small bliss.

19. wiseagent

wiseagent Member

These are great alternatives to try to solve the problem. But I think indirectly you end up having another kind of problem: the increase in energy bill, isn't it? :D

If you had the sea or ocean near by the weather would be much better and would avoid a greater expense.

20. joshua

joshua New Member