Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How does bit coin mining work?

Discussion in 'Mining Cryptocurrency and Altcoins' started by Garost303, Aug 11, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Garost303

Garost303 New Member

I have been trying to get this concept of bitcoin since I am interested but I end up being even more confused. So bitcoin is an internet thing, then where does mining come from?

2. oportosanto

oportosanto Moderator
    Staff Member

Back in the days we could mine using our computers, but these days a specific hardware is required, which just means a big investment that we never know if it will have a return or not. You might be better off mining other cryptocurrencies.

3. des7ructo

des7ructo New Member

I'm also interested in this, as long as I know, it might be old information, you'd need a PC that is seriously invested into.

4. oportosanto

oportosanto Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't know if you read my post above, but mining with a computer these days it's not possible, you need specific hardware (called ASICs) to mine.

RyanWeb likes this.
  5. zheh

zheh Member

Hi sory I'm confuse, is the mining your talking about the same mining that i'm trying now which you can get free satoshi every few minutes or hour just bu clicking or playing?

6. oportosanto

oportosanto Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, maybe it's a terminology issue. Mining and faucets or games that gives satoshi might be the same thing, to be honest I am not sure. I understand mining and what you earn from faucets or games is something different, but maybe it's not lol. :)

zheh likes this.
  7. zheh

zheh Member

Lol.. well maybe the difference is the other needs payment while the others are free.

8. Jan

Jan New Member

my question about bitcoin coin mining is how you really get the coin, i already watch some videos about it it and i really confuse where the coin from or who is giving the coin, yes you can get it thru mining from some hardware as what i understand and transfer it to another after you answers some math problem (in the video).

9. oportosanto

oportosanto Moderator
    Staff Member

I believe you need to have a wallet first @Jan, once you have wallet and you start using those faucets your winnings will be directed there.

10. Fred

Fred New Member

Bitcoin is the most popular crypto currency presently. Bitcoin created a lot of noise around. I intend to get bitcoins. I read a very detailed article about buying bitcoins https://the-bitcoin.com/, but I want to hear advice for acquiring. How much coins can I make on bitcoins? I still didn't have an idea whether to own the bitcoins.