Setup recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mining Hardware and Software' started by Sloop, Jul 1, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Sloop

Sloop New Member

I'm most comfortable with USB stick mining but I'm open to anything that's low maintenance once I get it going. The availability of the hardware isn't the problem for me, it's the variety and not knowing which to choose.

What specific equipment or setups would anyone recommend? I get that some people around the net seem like they don't want to share details of their setups, but that would be super helpful too!

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

For Bitcoin mining? If you wanted to get serious you'd need to pick up an Antminer S7 or an S9 (which technically hasn't been released yet). Other than that it's pretty much just like usb mining with a really loud usb stick. ;)

3. joshposh

joshposh Member

I'm looking these things up and the s9 looks good as far as profit goes. Too bad it cost so much. Now I know what I have to shoot for. Have to work long and hard to get 5 of these in the house running 24/7.

Screenshot_42.png

4. fcuco

fcuco Member

The equipment is not the real issue, is the price of the electricity where you live, mining is all about the electricity that your hardware is going to consume (and the heat that you need to dissipate), a small difference (cents) in the price of your $/kWh could mean that you will NEVER get your investment back as the difficult increases. The first thing that you should do is determine the price of your electricity, then you should google any bitcoing mining ROI calculator and input all those values: $/kWh, the hash rate of your hardware, the price of the hardware, the watts consumed and so on. Usually the rest of the numbers needed to do the calculation will be entered automatically (like the price of Bitcoin and the current difficulty).