Rio Olympics

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Talk' started by Jason76, Aug 11, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Jason76

Jason76 New Member

2. remnant

remnant Active Member

The doping scandals that have emerged in the run up to the Rio Olympics are courtesy of the fact that these were more intrusive investigations. I shudder to imagine the degree of cheating that has been taking place over the years undetected. The danger is, cheats and frauds have a way of constantly evolving looking for new tactics to beat the system.

3. Casiox

Casiox Moderator Staff Member

It's a shame that as the time passes, things get somewhat worse than ever, I disagree with those games because Brazil has a lot of poor population and many kids have been out the streets robbing tourist just because they're poor and they also have needs just as we do, the Brazilian government should pay attention to their inner problems regarding citizens instead of worrying that much about some games, that's my opinion though.

4. fcuco

fcuco Member

This is so dumb.. they need to just let it go and allow everybody to do it, once the everybody does it the playing field is level again. I remember when they stripped this guy Armstrong of all his titles and France Tours when it was revealed that the next 20 guys that completed the tour after him were doping too, so this guy won fair and square against a bunch of people that were as juiced as he was.

5. hades_leae

hades_leae Member

I find the Olympics to be very funny. For an event to happen so rarely, you'd think the world of the athletes. they practice so hard for years as they claim, and they still cheat and S**t. I don't like watching it like I used to. I didn't even know people in the Olympics were cheaters, I thought is was a fair competition but it's not.

The athletes are so funny when they bail, I like watching Olympic fail compilations. I don't care if any one don't like that, it's the only entertainment I get from watching it. I don't like waiting so many years, and it doesn't take years to get good at a specific routine/challenge anyway.

6. Jason76

Jason76 New Member

Maybe a mockery of the Olympics with Chris Farley and Jack Black would be interesting. :D As for the comment on the Brazilian poor, it is a shame that a large portion of the native population will never be able to afford tickets to see it. In fact, a large number of seats are still empty. Finally, the stadiums may be reduced to ruins after the games because the government won't be able to maintain it. That has been the case in other Olympic nations.

7. Beermoney

Beermoney Well-Known Member

The Rio scandals were already a concern even before the event officially begun. Now that the event has finally started, I am seeing more bad incidents like the pool turning green? There is also the weight lifter who apparently dislocated his elbow/arm during the competition and had to be sent off by medics immediately. Hope he will recover soon...

8. kgord

kgord Active Member

I have the Olympics on now. I would like it more though if they put it on ESPN instead of hijacking the major networks. I kind of like the winter games, but other than driving and maybe gymnastics, the summer games don't interest me that much. I mean how exciting is it to see people splashing around in the water?..I could go to my local pool...:):p

9. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I have been watching them on and off and I have to say that they are pretty entertaining, and there have been some good events, which is really all that you can ask for. The doping scandals and the green water and everything is a little much, but you get that with most Olympics so it is not like there is anything new. I would say if they continue at this rate and pull it off, most people would consider that a big success, just given the pre-event talk of disaster.

10. Vinaya

Vinaya Moderator Staff Member

I am not watching any games in the Olympics. In the past,I used to watch games like football, swimming, gymnastics, boxing and martial arts, however, these years I am not watching any games. My home country was selected to play in the Olympics game, unfortunately, the player was out from the first round.

11. Jason76

Jason76 New Member

What do you all consider to be the most interesting Olympic competition? I think any kind of running matches are interesting. For instance, last night I watched the hurdles. On the other hand, stuff like gymnastics is a bit harder to enjoy cause there is no finish line. It's all decided by judges based on points.

12. explorerx7

explorerx7 New Member

It's interesting to see some of the views on the Olympics. However, its just a part of life that not everyone will be in favour of every type of activity. I am an avid sports fan and I am enjoying the performances of the participants from the various countries and I applaud them all

13. Casiox

Casiox Moderator Staff Member

It feels really bad to see that your country's representant will have to get back home with nothing in hands, it must be a bad feeling, for real, it has happened a lot of times to my country when it comes to FIFA World Cup games, but we already got used to it, so it's whatever.

14. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well, is anyone else paying attention to this Ryan Lochte story? This guy is a moron, and now we have a good old international incident on our hand, with talks of extradition and all of that, all because this idiot wanted to get drunk. For those who don't know, he fist said that he was robbed at gunpoint while there, then it comes out that he made it up. Now it turns out he is caught vandalizing a local establishment and got confronted by security guards. What an idiot, and it just makes the US look bad. I would not mind never hearing anything about his guy again.